Tasting Notes for Three Crowns Beer/Cider Festival - 24-27 August 2018
(*denotes beers on first. 12 pumps at any one time)
*Animal Brewing Co (XT). Rhino (L) - 4.6%
- Quod hop amber. Orange, lime, tropical and floral flavours. 6 different malts for sweet biscuit and rye flavours with chocolate and toffee hints.
Beat Ales. New Wave (L) - 4.5%
- Golden ale with fruit flavours of tangerine, melon and apricot.
*Branscombe Vale. Summa That (L) - 5.0%
- Clear golden amber ale with hoppy and lemony citrus nose. Fruity with a bitter finish. Smell: Banana, pineapple, mango Taste: Citrus, sharp, clean.
*Black Tor Raven (B) - 4.2%
- Award winning chestnut brown best bitter - rich, smooth and malty brewed with 3 English hop varieties; caramel notes and aromas of summer fruits.
Bristol Beer Factory. Lost Highway (L) - 4.5%
- dual hops create a citrus cask pale with smooth bitterness. Malt bill of Maris Otter pale, Wheat, Best and 20% Vienna also gives great body.
Burton Bridge Bitter (B) - 4.2%
- Dry hoppy aroma with a fruity background. A bitter beer with a lingering aftertaste. Malt: Pale & Crystal. Hops: Challenger, Target, Northdown & Stryion.
Beowulf Brewing Co. Nordic Noir (D) - 6.0%
- A strong, sweet and smooth dark mild with a malty and bitter finish.
Devitera. Sting in the Tail (L) - 4.4%
- A light and refreshing golden American Pale Ale with citrus aromas and flavour. unfined & vegan
*Donkeystone Brewing Co. Javanilla Stout (D) - 5.0%
- This coffee and vanilla stout is made with 6 different malts and loads of oats for a rounded and complex flavour.
Good Chemistry. Kokomo Weekday (IPA) - 4.3%
- Session strength IPA full of tropical flavours. Pineapple, passionfruit and mango dominate but this is all from the hops. unfined & vegan
Kettlesmith. White Label Series. Kolsch (L) - 4.5%
- One of their small batch experimental beers. unfined & vegan
Lister. Battersea Tail Wag (L) - 4.1%
- A deep ochre pale ale with a satisfying lasting finish. They give 10 pence from every pint of Tail Wagger to Battersea Dog's Home.
*Moor. Old Freddy Walker (D) - 7.3%
- Classic strong ale, with a rich flavour balanced between chocolate, honey, dark roasts and a hint of liquorice. A beer to sip and enjoy. unfined & vegan
*New Bristol Brewery. Strawbs Innit (L) - 5.0%
- Light pale brewed with English strawberries and American Citrus hops. Summer session beer with strawberry/citrus aroma. unfined & vegan
Plain. Innspiration (B) - 4.0%
- Copper coloured best bitter with blackcurrants and wild berries, herbal bouquet, malty finish.
*Ramsbury. Full English (L) - 4.4%
- A light tawny coloured traditional ale, well balanced and delicious. Brewed with organic hops and organic malted barley.
Ramsgate, Gadd's Number 5 (B) - 4.4%
- Traditional Kentish Best bitter - aroma is toffee malt and fresh green hops, flavour is malt, hops and red berries. Full body and lingering bitter finish.
Salamander Brewing Co. Tiger Tiger (L) - 4.0%
- English Pale Ale.
*Stealth. Camouflage - 4.7%
- Dry Hopped Black ale. Special de-husked barley malt adds aroma, colour and body, with a mild. smooth flavour, dry hopped with Mosaic. unfined & vegan
Three Daggers. Daggers Edge (B) - 4.7%
- Light amber, brewed with Maris Otter malt and First Gold/Celeia hops. Aroma: floral, fruity, citrus. Flavour: orange, biscuity.
*Twisted. Gaucho (B) - 4.6%
- Dark ruby red ale - malt with a dark caramel and chocolate base, balanced on a blend of hops. Aromas of soft fruit, chocolate and toffee and a taste of berries.
*Two Cocks. Diamond Lil (L) - 3.2%
- This light and fruity golden ale was developed especially for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
*Wantsum. Black Prince - 3.9%
- A rich, full bodied Kent mild, smooth on the pallet with subtle hop notes. Gold Medal SE Regional Championship 2015. SIBA National Silver award 2016.
*Welbeck Abbey. Kaiser Pilsner - 4.1%
- Lager style pale ale made with premium German hops, which give this beer its biscuity-sweet but refreshingly herbaceous flavour.
XT. 17 (L) - 4.5%
- Pale Ale. Hopped with North American Citra Hops. One of a series of single hop.
Beard & Sabre. Cascade Hopped (Med/Dry) – 4.0%
Broome Farm Perry. Alpaca (Dry) – 6.5%
Dorset Nectar. Honey Bubble (Med/Sweet) – 4.0%
Hecks. Dry – 6.0%
Iford. Peto (Medium kegged “craft cider”) – 4.5%
Lilleys. Mango (Sweet) – 4.0%
Press Head. Ital Drop (Med) – 4.5%
Watergull Orchards. Medium – 6.9%
Watergull Orchards. Rhubarb (Med/Sweet) – 5.6%
The usual filled rolls plus Walter Rose pork pies, and on Sunday we have Sausage Sunday – a tasty sausage with artisan roll.
Crisps, nuts, etc., also available.